zondag 4 november 2012

Art tiles and bottlecap charms


Hello everyone,

This time no card or layout but two types of embellisments that i made myself. I love the prima art tiles and bottlecapcharmes, but i think they are really expensive and when i saw them i thought that i could easily make them my self.

Here's the result:



For the art tiles i painted little wood squares white with acrylic paint ( thx to Peter my colleque at work who has sawn the little pieces with danger for his own fingers cause we have a large industrial saw at our company). After painting i glued a little piece of paper to it, and then stamped with small acrylic stamps. I distressed the edges with black sooth distress ink and than covered the whole square with glossy accents. After it dries it gives a real hard clear finish.

The bottlecapcharmes are made from simple beerbottlecaps wich my husband has spraypainted black en  drew little wholes in so that they can be attached to a chain, ribbon etc. Just as with the art tiles i put a little piece of designerpaper in and stamped it. On the right one i also put two spacers in as flowers. Put a layer of glossy accents in and you're done!

I really love how they turned out and will be making more in the future to put on my projects. I already  used 2 of the art tiles ( not on the picture ) on a layout of my daughter with the photo's on from our photoshoot that we did a few weeks ago with our good friend Monique. I will show it on my blog next time!

I hope you all have a nice day!

Groetjes Brigitta

1 opmerking:

  1. Prachtig zij ze en zo leuk om te verwerken op een lay out of kaart of ATC. Ik ga dit eens onthouden en als ik ooit weer mijn eigen scrapkamertje heb ook eens experimenteren, dat is nu een beetje moeilijk met een kat die overal op en aan zit.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Ik vind het erg leuk dat je de moeite neemt te reageren op mijn blogpost! Groetjes Brigitta